An international webinar "Towards a sustainable cultural and creative industry in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries" will take place on the 9th and 10th June.
Organized within the framework of the ACP-EU Culture programme, this online event will put into perspective the programme's actions in support to cultural and creative industries in ACP countries and address the issues and challenges of a sector strongly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and currently in full resilience.
This meeting is the ideal framework to highlight the potential of the actions of the ACP-EU Culture programme, to anchor them in the current issues impacting on the sustainability of the cultural and creative industries in ACP countries.
For whom ?
Organized jointly with the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS) and the European Union (EU), this meeting is aimed at:
- cultural operators/artists/creators from the EU and ACP countries
- organizations promoting culture and creation
- implementing partners of the ACP-EU Culture Programme
- representatives of the academic world
- representatives of EU and ACP diplomatic missions
- development actors.
During two days, a series of panel discussions will bring together cultural operators, artists, creators, representatives of the ACP-EU Culture programme's partner institutions, the media and academia, around themes rooted in current issues, namely:
- The acceleration of digital technology
- The potential of cultural and creative industries to generate sustainable growth and decent jobs
- The participation of youth and women in the cultural and creative industries
- Youth and cultural education
- Post-Covid recovery.
For more information and to register to the event, click HERE
The webinar “Towards a sustainable cultural and creative industry in ACP countries” is organised jointly with the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union with the technical support of Culture Solutions and Nookom.