Objectives of the call
The objective of this call is to promote the cultural and creative contents of West Africa, by promoting support for creation and production, image education and the development of means of dissemination and distribution (physical and digital) of cultural goods.
For this call, the following activities are eligible :
Axis 1: Creation / production of quality goods and services at a competitive cost, and in increased quantity
- Support for cultural projects in remote areas and audiences far from the cultural offer;
- Support for live performances (dance, theater, music, etc.), writing residencies and the creation of multimedia content (digital and video games);
- Cultural mediation projects in museums and cultural tourism sites;
- Support for the circulation of works and cultural content (traveling exhibitions, tours, etc.).
Axis 2: Access to markets at the national, regional and international levels, circulation / dissemination / promotion of ACP goods and services as widely as possible
- Projects supporting traditional distribution channels (theaters, cinemas, galleries, community radios, etc.) and innovative (digital platforms, web radio, social networks, etc.)
- Projects supporting digital media and television producing or broadcasting local cultural content (support for producers and broadcasters).
Axis 3 : Improved and extended image education
- Arts education and image education activities, especially for young audiences.
To apply : Application form for funding (download here) and submit it online via the following link: https://koresegou.org/call-2-submission-of-funding-request-program-acp-ue-culture-awa/
DEADLINE :15.05.2021 - at midnight GMT
The ACP-EU CULTURE PROGRAM: SUPPORT FOR THE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE SECTORS IN WEST AFRICA) – AWA (Art in West Africa) is one of the six (06) regional projects selected under the ACP-EU Program Culture, a joint initiative of the European Union (EU) and the Organization of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS), through the establishment of the new decentralized regional mechanism intended to strengthen the competitiveness of cultural and creative industries in ACP countries.
The ACP-EU CULTURE PROGRAM: SUPPORT FOR THE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE SECTORS IN WEST AFRICA-AWA has a double objective, namely: on the one hand, to support the revitalization of the competitiveness of the cultural and creative industries all along the value chain (creation, production and distribution) in the 16 West African countries and on the other hand, to help support the development of the digital economy in West Africa by supporting cultural and creative industries actors in their digital transition.