in Motion Digital Grant
Launched in 2019, the "in Motion Mobility Grant" aimed to support emerging cultural practitioners from the African continent to participate in professional growth and networking opportunities. Through this initiative, 59 young artists and cultural professionals were supported to attend cultural festivals, collaborate with peers abroad, participate in artistic residencies, etc.
As travel had to be cancelled, the grant 2020 is an adaptation of the previous collaboration tailored to the needs of a post-corona cultural society, in which the digital sphere has become increasingly important as a space to network and link up with like-minded organisations and individuals. Through this initiative, the programme is providing support to artists and cultural practitioners to engage in or set up digital initiatives.
8 projects were selected :
- Africa Podfest - Melissa Mbugua and Josephine Karianjahi (Kenya)
- Contemporary Nights Collective - Sarah Bushra & Dawit Seto (Ethiopia)
- Potters Gallery Initiative (Nigeria)
- Poetra Asantewa on behalf of Tampered Press (Ghana)
- Africans in Queerantine - Kyle Malanda (Malawi) & Kwasi Darko (Ghana)
- The Dry Bones Are Rising Again - Rutendo 'The Queen' Mutsamwira (Zimbabwe)
- ANTI-MASS (East Africa)
- Art Meets (South Africa)