Afrique Créative is an incubation programme designed to structure the cultural and creative industries (CCIs) in Africa.
Financed by : AFD - Agence Française de Développement.
Implemented by a consortium of 4 organizations:
This programme aims to promote the structuring of the cultural and creative ecosystem by boosting the development, the skill sets and the networking of companies active in this sector. Afrique Créative addresses operators combining both creativity and entrepreneurship in order to maximize their potential in terms of job creation and economic growth.
As an industrial sector still largely untapped in Africa, the cultural and creative field occurs as an important economic lever. Cultural and creative industries are vectors of social innovation and generate impact within their communities. Because its resources are non-polluting and inexhaustible, this sector represents an opportunity to build a fairer and more sustainable world!
The programme brings a
- Technical support, in terms of both entrepreneurial capacity-building and creative and cultural coaching;
- Financial support to accelerate the organisation’s development and consolidate its business model.
9 entrepreneurs from Burkina Faso, Morocco, Uganda and Senegal selected:
- Angele DIABANG - Karoninka, film production company (Senegal)
- Fatoumata PINDRA - Optimiste Productions, hip-hop sector (Senegal)
- Sébastien BAZEMO, better known as Bazem’Se - designer ethical and fashion (Burkina Faso)
- Soumaila KANLA - designer, Kalanexpo (Burkina Faso)
- Patricia DEFEVER - publisher, Langages du Sud (Morocco)
- Brahim EL MAZNED - ANYA/ Visa for Music, musical platform (Morocco)
- Elijah KITAKA - Fezah App, music industry (Uganda)!
- David MASANSO - CROSSROADS DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA, 3D animation (Uganda)
- Daudi KARUNGI - Afriart, contemporary art (Uganda)